Friday, August 1, 2014

Little French Men


My life Before Kids (BK) included living in Europe for awhile. It was an exciting and inspiring time for me. It is a distant memory though (kids do that to you!)  But I am looking forward to bringing my girls to all the places in Europe that will excite and inspire them. We are a few years away from this but it hasn`t stopped me from teaching my girls about different countries.

Yesterday we were watching videos of singing gondoliers on the Venice canals. I loved watching Caroline`s eyes dazzle as she imagined a city with no streets or cars, just waterways and boats. She listened to the Italian songs and asked what the songs were about. It was a rare occasion where my Italian language skills came in useful (I knew those months of living and studying in Italy would come in handy one day!!)

And last week we were looking at pictures of the Eiffel Tower because Daddy was in Paris for `work.` Caroline loves the Fancy Nancy book series so she is familiar with Paris and the Eiffel Tower (if you don`t know FN she is a little girl that loves all things French.)  Now, she cannot wait to go to Paris like Daddy and take her picture in front of the Eiffel Tower too. I showed her what the French flag looked like and even got out my souvenir from a past Paris visit.

I decided to use this inspiration to make a new creation. So, to celebrate daddy`s return we made Little French Men.

WHAT YOU NEED:

GINGERBREAD MAN COOKIE CUTTER
BREAD
2 EGGS
2 TBS MILK
1/8 TSP VANILLA EXTRACT
1/2 TSP CINNAMON SUGAR
2 TBS BUTTER
CANDY EYES 
RAISINS



DIRECTIONS:

Using a cookie cutter cut out your little men. I used regular wheat bread, nothing fancy. 


Mix the eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon sugar together in a bowl. Give your little men a yolky bath by letting them soak in the mixture for one or two minutes.


Add your butter to a skillet on medium heat. Once melted put your men into the hot pan. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side.


Add on the eyes and cut a raisin to make a smile and voila! Très facile!


No comments:

Post a Comment