Thursday, October 16, 2014

'Spook'tacular Treats


Halloween is a fun time of year for creatively spooky food! There are lots of great ideas in magazines, pinterest boards and Facebook on how to turn food into mummies, bats, ghosts, skeletons, witches, and spiders. I have said this before but what is it about Halloween that gets people inspired to be creative with their food?! You don't need a holiday to be silly at the dinner table. Kids love the creativity all year round! But I am happy to know that this little idea of mine for making creative food has a niche somewhere. 

By now I will assume that you have your house decorated with pumpkins, spiders and ghosts; candy corns have made their way into your treat rotation; the kids have their costumes all picked out too (if you have a little girl is it safe to say that she will be dressing up as Elsa this year?); and you have indulged in your fair share of some pumpkiny Fall beer (maybe that last one is all me!) 

To help get us all get into the witchy spirit I have compiled some past recipes that have a spooktacular theme. I also have some new ideas that I will be adding in the next 2 weeks. 



I Want My Mummy

You can make this one easier for you by wrapping slices of the dough around a hot dog and then baking.









Dragon Eggs










Trick or Treat: Bones











Trick or Treat: Eyeballs

No comments:

Post a Comment